World War II (WW2) was a time of great conflict and destruction, but it was also a time of great innovation and creativity. WW2 II was a major turning point in history, and it is still broadly studied by historians and everyday “war buffs”. WW2 saw the development and use of modern technologies, weapons, vehicles, aircraft, ships and tanks that had a profound impact on the course of the war which continue to shape our world, so it is important that we continue to be knowledgeable and fully understand WW2 history.
WW2, like no other time in history, was a time of great heroism. In the words of President Harry S. Truman, “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” Allies from all over the world risked their lives to fight for what they believed in. They fought for their families, their freedom, and their countries. This great heroism and the lessons learned are why WW2 history is still so popular. It reminds us of the power of the human spirit and the importance of fighting for what is right.
The fight for the Allies to win WW2 also greatly accelerated innovative technologies which still have a profound impact on our world today. Many of the technologies that we take for granted today were developed during WW2, including:
- Jet Engines for WW2 Aircraft: Jet engines were developed during World War II, and they revolutionized air travel. Jet engines made airplanes faster and more efficient, and they played a key role in the Allied victory.
- The Tank: Tanks were first used in World War I (WW1), but they became much more sophisticated during World War II (WW2). Tanks were used to break through enemy lines and to support infantry attacks.
- Radar: Radar was developed during WW2, and it revolutionized warfare. Radar allowed militaries to detect enemy aircraft and ships long before they could be seen, and it played a significant role in the Allied victory.
- The Submarine: Submarines were used extensively during WW2, playing a major role in the Allied victory. Submarines were used to sink enemy ships and to conduct raids on enemy ports.
WW2 military brick sets offer a wonderful way to teach the history and lessons of WW2 in a fun and creative manner which kids today can relate to along with military enthusiasts and collectors. WW2 military brick set building also provides STEM benefits for kids while supporting creativity and learning while teaching problem solving and building confidence to overcome challenges. WW2 military brick sets are a fun and interactive way to teach the history of WW2 and are often used in classroom settings to provide a hands-on STEM experience for teaching WW2 history to students as it provides for a “virtual” learning experience which activates the brain as they build.
There are lots of great WW2 military brick sets that can be used to teach and further understand WW2 history. You will want to first consider the portion of WW2 history you prefer to explore and do some initial research on the military tools and tactics you want to better understand. Possible consideration for associated learnings as it pertains to WWW military brick sets include:
- WW2 Military Aircraft Brick Sets Learnings: Can be used to learn about the many different types of airplanes used in World War II, including fighters, bombers, and transports. Each type of airplane had its own unique purpose and role in the war. Many different countries used airplanes in WW2, including the United States, Great Britain, Germany, Japan, and the Soviet Union. Each country had its own unique air force, and each air force used several types of airplanes and strategies. They were used to transport troops and supplies, to bomb enemy targets, and to provide air support for ground troops. Airplanes played a significant role in the Allied victory and interactive learning through building WW2 military aircraft brick sets can provide an immersive learning experience.
- WW2 Military Tank Brick Sets Learnings: WW2 saw the deployment of light tanks, medium tanks, and heavy tanks. There were many battles fought with tanks in WW2, including the Battle of France, the Battle of Kursk, and the Battle of the Bulge. These battles were some of the most important battles of the war. While building WW2 military sets you also have the ability to interactively learn about the Panzer IV tank, the T-34 tank, the Sherman tank, the Churchill tank, the Tiger tank and the Panther tank.
- WW2 Military Ship Brick Sets Learnings: Building a WW2 military ship brick set is a fun and educational activity that can teach about the diverse types of WW2 ships and the details of their design, including battleships, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, submarines, and landing ships. This helps understand their role in WW2 and how each ship was used in combat or to support troops. Some of the most well-known ships from WW2 include the USS Enterprise, the Yamato, the Bismarck, the Hood and the Arizona.
- WW2 Military Vehicle Brick Sets Learnings: From ambulances and Jeep’s to motorcycles and trucks, vehicles played a leading role in WW2 to conduct strategies of moving troops from battle to battle. The coordination of moving troops to meet the strategy in a lesson in itself plus the innovations that went into each.
If you want to learn more about WW2 history, exploring WW2 military building bricks provides a fun and interactive learning experience for you. You learn more when you are having fun. Take a look at these General Jim’s Toys & Bricks WW2 military building brick sets and see which one best fits your interests in WW2 history.
General Jim’s Toys & Bricks WW2 Aircraft Brick Sets
- Iron Empire WW2 Airplane Bomber JU-88 Building Blocks Toy Plane – According to the Star Tribune article, "Without the Iron Range, we would not have won the war." This highly detailed and accurate WW2 military building brick set of the U.S. JU-88 is perfect for collectors and enthusiasts who want to learn about WW2 aircraft. The Junkers Ju 88 is a German WW2 Luftwaffe twin-engine multirole combat aircraft. Junkers Aircraft and Motor Works designed the plane in the mid-1930s as a so-called Schnellbomber that would be too fast for fighters of its era to intercept. This WW2 military building brick set is 559 pieces and has many moving parts. It is a fun and educational building experience that will provide hours of enjoyment.
- WW2 BF-109 Aircraft Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – This German airplane was one of the was one of the most advanced fighters when it first appeared, with an all-metal monocoque construction, a closed canopy, and retractable landing gear. It was the first mass-produced warplane and known for its unrivaled speed and agility. This 286-piece set is perfect for aviation enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
- WW2 P-51 Mustang Fighter 258 Building Block Toy Brick Set - The U.S. P-51 Mustang was a fighter and bomber plane used in WW2 and is one of the most iconic military planes in history. The British were heavily responsible for the design of this stellar plane but produced by the U.S. and was the only American liquid-cooled engine to be used in WW2. This 258-piece building block set includes detailed replicas of the plane's 6 machine guns and a capacity to carry up to 2000lbs in bombs. Finished dimensions of 43.1cm x 37.5cm x 13.7cm and compatible with all major brand building blocks, including Lego.
- Mitsubishi A6M2 Building Blocks Bricks Toys Set – This meticulously designed model showcases the iconic Mitsubishi A6M2, one of the most agile and swift fighters of the early WW2 period. This 347-piece set with pilot figure pays close attention to detail, including a movable propeller, ailerons, and retractable rubber tire wheels. The cockpit opens to reveal the pilot figure, outfitted in a historically accurate uniform. The set also comes with a specially designed display stand and a nameplate for presentation. Perfect for young aviation enthusiasts, history buffs, and collectors alike, this Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Fighter Building Blocks Set offers an engaging and educational building experience.
- VOUGHT AU-1™ Corsair® Building Blocks Aircraft Toy Set – This U.S. Navy fighter aircraft used between 1942 and 1952 is recognized for its unique bent wings, rearward-shifted pilot's cabin, and over 4-meter diameter propeller. It quickly became one of the most capable carrier-based fighter-bombers of WW2. This is a 330-piece set with one pilot figure and a special display stand is designed with attention to detail. Features movable propeller and fins, retractable rotating wheels with rubber tires, folding wings, and block hooks for attaching rockets. The cabin opens to place the pilot figure at the controls.
- Messerschmitt BF 109 Aircraft Building Blocks Bricks Toy Set - German WW2 fighter aircraft was the backbone of the Luftwaffe's fighter force. This brick set is a 1:32 scale building blocks set with 333 pieces and features movable propeller, ailerons, and rotating rubber tire wheels with retractable undercarriage for take-off or landing. The pilot's cabin can be opened to place a figure at the controls. Offers an engaging and educational pastime for adults or children with interest in history, aviation, and military technology.
- Messerschmitt Bf 110D Aircraft Building Blocks Toy Bricks - Known unofficially as the Me 110, this twin-engine fighter-bomber was used by Germany in the 1930s during WW2. Produced between 1938 and 1945, the BF 110D featured several versions, including the B version equipped with 4 MG 17 and 2 x MG FF 20mm rifles in the nose and a single MG 15 on a movable station at the fuselage end. This WW2 miliary brick set includes movable elements, such as rotating wheels with rubber tires, adjustable propellers, and flaps. The cabin accommodates two full-size pilot figures. This set is perfect for aviation enthusiasts of all ages, with its accurate proportions and details making it a valuable addition to any history and aviation collection.
- Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress Memphis Belle Aircraft Toy Building Blocks Set – This U.S. four-engine heavy bomber was a fast and high-flying for a bomber of its era and dropped more bombs than any other aircraft during World War II. It was also employed as a transport, antisubmarine aircraft, drone controller, and search-and-rescue aircraft. This iconic aircraft played a crucial role in serving the Allies during World War II, participating in numerous powerful carpet raids. This WW2 military brick model features moving parts including wheels, wing ailerons, onboard weapons, and propellers. The set includes an opening hatch under the deck to release the included bombs. This model showcases authentic war period painting, including a special "Mascot of Memphis” print on the cabin. The unique pilot figure complements the B-17 Flying Fortress "Memphis Belle." and is a collector's delight.
- Vickers Wellington MK II Bomber Plane Building Blocks Set - The Vickers Wellington was a British twin-engine WW2 night bomber. Due to their low maneuverability, the Wellingtons flew mainly at night and were also perfect for coastal patrolling and as submarine hunters. This WW2 military aircraft brick set uses 1,162 bricks and is precisely reproduced in 1:37 scale. The brick plane is 53 cm long and has a wingspan of 71.5 cm. The plane has rotating propellers, folding wheels and an open cabin to place the two pilots included in the set. The hatch on the bottom of the plane also opens. History enthusiasts will appreciate the printed historical markings of the 305 Bomber Squadron of the Wielkopolska Region and Lidzka Marshal Józef Piłsudski.
- Lockheed P-38 Lightning Aircraft Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – The Lockheed® P-38 LIGHTNING® was a unique, fast and heavily armed American long-range fighter aircraft used during WW2 with a vast number of victories by American pilots. This WW2 military aircraft brick set is a 545-piece build accurately reproduced in a 1:32 scale model. The brick plane has rotating propellers, folding landing gear, movable ailerons and an opening cabin in which you can place the well-designed pilot figure.
General Jim’s Toys & Bricks WW2 Tank Brick Sets
- WW2 M4 Sherman Army Tank Building Blocks Set –The M4 was the most widely used medium tank by the U.S. and Western Allies in WW2 and proved reliable. It was relatively cheap to produce and available in substantial numbers for battle. Tens of thousands were distributed through the Lend-Lease program to the British Commonwealth and Soviet Union. The tank was named by the British after the American Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman. This WW2 military tank brick set is a 726-piece build that allows you to recreate the iconic M4 Sherman Tank from WW2. This set offers a high level of detail with a 360-degree rotating turret and horizontal adjustments and includes toy weapons. Perfect for history enthusiasts, collectors, and hobbyists alike.
- WW2 Tank German Panther 121 Tank Building Blocks Set – This German Panther 121 tank was a formidable medium tank that saw action on both Eastern and Western Fronts during WW2. This WW2 military tank brick set has 990 pieces and features a 360-degree rotating turret, horizontal adjustments, and opening top tank cover and engine compartment.
- German Panzer IV Tank Building Set - The German Panzer IV, known as the "Panzerkampfwagen", was the most numerous German tanks in WW2 and played a crucial role in their armored forces. This WW2 military tank brick set is highly detailed with 596 pieces and measures 8cm x 18cm x 8cm. Great building experience for history enthusiasts.
- VK1602 Leopard Tank Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – This German light reconnaissance vehicle was intended to be the replacement of Panzer II Ausf. L "Luchs" but the project was canceled in January 1943 before the first prototype was completed. The VK-1602 carried four men, had a combat loaded weight of 24.1 tons and armor was 50 mm sloped at 50 degrees on the front and 30 mm on the sides and rear. This WW2 military tank brick set contains 446 pieces and measures 190mm long x 87mm wide x 81mm tall.
- WW2 Kazi German Panzer VI Tiger Tank Building Blocks Set – The Tiger I Kazi medium duty tank was a German WW2 tank. This WW2 military tank brick set has 995 pieces, and the turret rotates 360 degrees and is compatible with all major brick building brands including Lego®, Cobi®, Wange, Sembo.
- German Tank Destroyer SD.KFZ.138 Marder III Building Blocks Set - The Marder III was a series of German tank destroyers used in WW2 and featured either a modified ex-Soviet 76.2 mm F-22 Model 1936 divisional field gun or a German 7.5 cm Pak 40. While the open-top design provided limited crew protection, it added significant firepower. This WW2 military tank brick set includes 608 pieces and has rolling tracks, a movable canon, accessories, weapons, ammo, and tools. The finished model measures 180mm x 90mm.
- S. Pershing M26 Tank Building Blocks Toy Bricks Military Set - Named after General John J. Pershing, this heavy/medium tank played a crucial role in WW2 and the Korean War. The M26 was intended as a replacement for the M4 Sherman. You can recreate history with this WW2 military tank brick set complete with 1,013-piece set which includes interactive features with a moving cannon, opening cockpit, rolling tracks, and rotating machine gun. Also includes toy weapons and accessories.
- German Tiger Tank 131 Model Toy Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set - The Tiger I, also known as the Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E (often shortened to Tiger) was Germany's most iconic heavy tank during WW2. The Tiger I is Germany's most famous heavy tank of World War I. Its main weapon was an 88mm gun but also had two 7.92 mm machine-guns. The Tiger 131 was built for a crew of 5 and was employed from 1942 in Africa and Europe. The Tiger 131 is the world’s only running Tiger I tank. This WW2 military tank brick set has 1,018 pieces and features a rotating turret, adjustable horizontal cannon, and a set of weapons for soldiers.
- WW2 Tank German LT-38 Light Tank Building Blocks Set - The Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) was originally a Czechoslovak tank adopted by the German Army after they took over Czech. The Panzer 38(t) was a conventional inter-war tank design, with riveted armor. Germany used this tank in the invasions of Poland, France and the USSR. The two-man turret was centrally located, and housed the tank's main armament, a 37 mm Skoda A7 gun with 90 rounds of ammunition. This WW2 military tank brick set is a 535-piece set with a 360-degree rotating turret that can be adjusted horizontally. Includes sets of Weapons for soldiers.
- WW2 German Panzer III Military Tank Building Blocks Set - The Panzerkampfwagen III, known as the Panzer III, this was a medium tank developed in the 1930s by Germany and used throughout WW2. It was intended to fight other armored fighting vehicles and serve alongside and support the similar Panzer IV. This WW2 military tank brick set has 711 pieces with detailed engine design. The turret rotates 360 degrees and can be adjusted horizontally as well can the gun barrel be adjusted and includes a set of weapons for soldiers. Dimensions and 25cm (length) x 12cm (width) x 13cm (height).
- Panzer II AUSF L LUCHS Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – The Panzer II AUSF L LUCHS was a German light tank from WW2 which held a crew of 4 and reached speeds of 60 km/h. The Panzer II was the most popular tank in the German Panzer divisions at the beginning of the war and used in both North Africa against the Western Allies and on the Eastern Front against the Soviet Union. This WW2 military tank brick set includes 503 pieces and measures 10 in. x 7 in. x 3.25 in. and includes accessories.
- German F2 Tiger 323 Tank Building Blocks Toy Set- This WW2 military tank brick set is a highly detailed and accurate model containing 1,993 pieces and features an open cockpit with a removable top to reveal the full interior. The cannon moves up and down, while the turret rotates 360 degrees. It measures 36cm x 14cm and is compatible with all major brick building brands.
- Panzerkampfwagen IV German Military Building Blocks Toy Panzer IV Tank Set – Referred to as the Panzer IV, this German medium tank was used extensively during WW2 and was the most numerous German tanks and the second-most numerous German fully tracked armored fighting vehicle of WW2. This WW2 military tank brick set is a 716-piece building blocks set with a turret that rotates 360 degrees and adjusts horizontally for a high level of detail.
- German King Tiger Tank Building Blocks Bricks Toy Set – The King Tiger tank was a powerful second version of the Tiger Tank, weighing 75 tons and armed with the KWK 88 mm cannon. It had a turret that turned 360 degrees in 19 seconds and a road speed of 25mph. This tank was a force to be reckoned with. This WW2 military tank brick set offers a highly detailed and engaging building experience.
- WW2 German King Tiger Panzer VI Tank Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set - Recreate a piece of history with this WW2 German King Tiger Panzer VI tank brick set. It features 978 compatible pieces with rolling tracks, a turning turret, and a moving gun.
- Germany Karl Heavy Tank Morser Carronade Mortar Railway Building Blocks Tank Toy Bricks Set - Also known as Mörser Karl, this WW2 German self-propelled siege mortar used a 60 cm (24 in) diameter, 2,170 kg (4,780 lb.) shell and had a range of just over 10 km (6.2 mi). Seven guns were built, six of which saw combat between 1941 and 1945. It was used in attacking fortresses and saw action in the Battle of the Bulge. This WW2 military tank brick set includes 4,158 pieces with detachable parts.
- KV2 Heavy Panzer World War 2 Soviet Tank Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set - The KV2 was a heavy assault tank with 6-man crew and M-10 152 mm howitzer. Due to the size of its heavy turret and gun, the KV-2 was slower and had a much higher profile than other tanks. This WW2 tank brick set consists of 818 pieces of quality building blocks and accessories shown. The track moves and cockpit and engine cover can be opened. It also has a removeable 12V tank engine. Cannon barrel moves up and down and finished build measures 9.25 in x 5 in x 5 in.
General Jim’s Toys & Bricks WW2 Vehicle Brick Sets
- WW2 M16 MGMC Half Track Anti-Aircraft Building Blocks Military Bricks Toy Set - Known better as the M16 half-track, this American self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon was used during WW2 for its effectiveness against low-flying aircraft and infantry, making it extremely popular with soldiers. It was equipped with four .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns in an M45 Quadmount. This WW2 military brick set includes 518 high-quality building blocks and boasts a rotating turret with quad machine guns, operational tracks, and an accessible rear compartment for ultimate realism. Compatible with popular brick building brands, this set is an ideal choice for military history aficionados and builders of every age.
- WW2 Ambulance Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – This WW2 military brick set is 262 pieces with opening back doors and comes with accessories. Measures 16cm long x 6.5cm wide x 5 cm tall.
- Gustav Dora Cannon Railway Gun WW2 Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – The Schwerer Gustav was a German 80-centimetre (31.5 in) railway gun. It was developed as siege artillery. The gun fully assembled weighed nearly 1,490 tons and could fire shells weighing 7.7t tons up to a range of 47 km (29 mi). Gustav was destroyed by the Germans near the end of the war in 1945 to avoid capture by the Soviet Red Army. Gustav was the heaviest mobile artillery piece ever built and it was also the largest caliber rifle weapon ever used in combat. This WW2 military brick set contains 3,846 pieces.
- WW2 Volkswagen Kübelwagen German Military Car Bricks Set – Nicknamed The Tub Car, it was a light military vehicle designed by Ferdinand Porsche and built by Volkswagen during WW2 for use by the German military.50,435 of these vehicles were produced for war (1940–1945). This WW2 military vehicle brick build set has finished measurements of 12cm x 6cm x 6cm and includes 200 + pieces of quality building block bricks.
General Jim’s Toys & Bricks WW2 Ship, Submarine & Boat Brick Sets
- Army Landing Craft and Jeep Vehicle Building Blocks Set - Landing Crafts came into strong use during WW2 used widely in amphibious combat attacks. Typically constructed from plywood, this shallow-draft, barge-like boat could ferry approximately a platoon-sized group of 36 men to shore at 9 knots (17 km/h). This WW2 military brisk set has a retractable barge door and comes with one vehicle and accessories. Measurements are 30cm (length) x 8cm (width) x 8cm (height).
- USS Missouri Battleship Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set – The USS Missouri (BB-63) is an Iowa-class battleship, there have been three ships in the United States Navy named after the State of Missouri. The USS Missouri was the last battleship commissioned by the United States. It is best known as the site of the surrender of the Empire of Japan and the end of WW2. This WW2 military brick set contains 2,631 pieces with high level detail. It measures 33in (long) x 4in (wide) x 9.5in (tall).
- German U-47 Submarine Building Blocks Toy Bricks Set - The U-47 was the most effective German Kriegsmarine ocean submarine during the WW2. It entered service in 1938 and it is most known for sinking the battleship HMS Royal Oak. The U-47 went missing in the Atlantic in March 1941, symbolically ending the period of success of German submarines. The U-47 was a medium-sized vessel intended for long-term patrols in the waters of the oceans. On the surface, its range was 6,500 nautical miles, which it could cover at a speed of 12 knots. The safe immersion depth was 220 meters. It was sailing under the water at a maximum speed of 8 knots. It was armed with 14 torpedoes that could be fired from 5 tubes. The crew consisted of 44 sailors and officers. This WW2 military brick set includes 442 high-quality bricks, is 1:144 scale and measures 46 cm in length.
- Graf Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier Building Blocks Toy Set – The Graf Zeppelin is the only aircraft carrier in the history of Germany, but it never saw action. Its construction began in December 1936, but construction was never completed, and it was towed to Szczecin, where useful equipment was dismantled. At the beginning of 1945, fearing the advances of the Red Army, the carrier was partially sunk and shelled by artillery. In the summer of 1945, the raised and partially repaired ship was incorporated into the USSR Navy. This WW2 military building brick set consists of 3,136 bricks and is designed in the standard 1: 300 scale. Model dimensions (L x H): 89.5 (35.2 "") x 14.5 (5.7 ") 25 cm (9.8"). It has a working aircraft elevator and comes with eight block micro-planes and a special transparent brick which, after attaching it to the base, can imitate a plane taking off.
- HMS Hood British Battlecruiser Ship Toy Building Blocks Toy Set – HMS Hood was a British battlecruiser from WW2 which launched in 1918 and entered service two years later. The main artillery armament of the cruiser was eight BL Mk I guns, caliber 381mm. After the outbreak of WW2 and the defeat of France, it was transported to Gibraltar, where it joined the Force H. In 1941 British ships clashed in the Danish Strait with the German battleship Bismarck and the accompanying heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen. After a short artillery duel over a long distance, the well-aimed salvo caused an internal explosion in the stern of the Hood, which completely destroyed the ship. This WW2 military brick building set includes 2,613 bricks, is designed in a scale of 1: 300 and measures 88 cm x 34.6 cm long x 22 cm high. It has many moving parts, such as deck guns, rotating artillery towers, rudders and propellers and comes with a display stand.
All General Jim’s Toys & Bricks building blocks are compatible with Lego®, Cobi®, Wange, Sembo® and all major brick building brands. All General Jim’s Toys & Bricks and come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and No Builder Left Behind policy for hassle-free customer service.